With over 15 years of teaching Yoga, and over 20 years within the field of body-mind practices and awareness, I regularly offer to mentor participants on the Contemporary Yoga teacher trainings. I also offer to mentor many teachers and students who have learnt from other schools, styles and teacher trainings.
Mentoring is where Yoga training becomes truly authentic - in a one to one format - where the student’s needs can be truly met on an individual, personal level.
Mentoring can take different formats and any aspect of Yoga and teaching Yoga can be looked at:
Your personal Yoga practice - how to approach setting up your practice - on a daily basis. We look at how we may develop your personal practice in a way that meets you on all levels - physically, emotionally, energetically, mindfully and spiritually (whatever that may mean for you).
- I encourage you to step out and find your unique qualities as a Yoga teacher.
- Reviewing and creating class plans, course plans, retreat plans and more. I will offer valuable feedback on all your classes.
- Develop and refine your language and cueing for teaching.
- I will support your short-term, medium-term and long-term goals and vision for teaching Yoga.
- Find support through all the ups and down which inevitably occur during the life of a teacher.
- Support with ethical quandaries which arise when teaching.
- Learn how to grow your Yoga business.
- Support your ongoing learning of Yoga and your personal growth.
- And much more …
Mentoring sessions happen either face to face or over Skype and the fee is $85 per session (usually an hour long). They may be simply one session, or a whole program of sessions, meeting once a month for years.
Personally, I LOVE the mentoring process and find it incredibly rewarding. The key is building a positive, professional relationship which is mutually beneficial, enjoyable and valuable.
Yoga and teaching Yoga is a life-long passion for me and I look forward to sharing anything and everything I have learnt, and continue to learn, over many years of teaching.