Yoga Teacher Training Students Rights and Responsibilities
Students have the right to:
- Pursue their training in an environment that is without harassment or discrimination.
- Be always treated with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Expect confidentiality in all personal matters.
- Have their learning needs known and addressed by the Teacher.
- Receive training and assessment from competent and experienced Teachers.
- Appeal an assessment decision and be re-assessed if found not yet competent after initial assessment.
It is the responsibility of the Student to:
- Ensure that all current policies and procedures at a training venue are understood and adhered to.
- Seek clarification from the course director if a policy or procedure is not understood.
- Attend all classes in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Respect the rights of other students, clients and employees of a training venue.
- Keep confidential any information of a personal nature obtained during the Courses.
- Make all reasonable efforts to achieve the competencies specified in the training plan and take advantage of all learning opportunities.
- Maintain a true record of Asana, Meditation, Japa & Pranayama practice in Journals.
Please Note Our Terms and Conditions re Certification
We reserve the right not to certify any student where we feel there has been significant absenteeism (more than one day), and that this absenteeism has not been made up in extra coursework or some other way that has been agreed by us.
We reserve the right not to certify any student we feel is not ready for teaching in a public space (this is normally due to issues around safety).
We reserve the right not to certify any student we feel has not engaged fully in the course. Examples of this may include not participating in any teaching practicums, not handing in a journal etc. Essentially we need to feel that you have fully participated in the course for us to be able to certify you.
Please see the Preparing for the Teacher Training page, for further details on the journal requirements and for the required and recommended reading.
In respect of all the above terms and conditions, we reserve the right to amend these and add to these at any time. Please do check back regularly for updates on this page.
If you have any questions about these terms please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com.