Yoga New Zealand and Yoga Alliance Registration
Contemporary Yoga Teacher Training is delighted and proud to be registered with two major Yoga organisations - Yoga New Zealand® and Yoga Alliance®.
Yoga Alliance is the largest nonprofit association representing the Yoga community globally.
Yoga New Zealand is an arm of Yoga Australia, a not-for-profit operating under this name since 1999. Yoga New Zealand makes use of the administration office in Melbourne, Australia while offering its New Zealand members country-specific benefits.
Yoga New Zealand
The 350 Hour Registration
Currently, Contemporary Yoga is registered with Yoga New Zealand for their 350-hour registration. That’s 350 hours of training with us:
200-hour training PLUS Two Modules (8 days each)
Students also need to have been studying Yoga for a minimum of one year since the beginning of their first course with us.
An example scenario would be:
plus Restorative Yoga
plus Somatics and Mindfulness
and the rest of the year mentoring with one of the faculty, going to class / journaling etc,
Students who have already completed a 200-hour training with us may also be registered with Yoga New Zealand - they can do so as provisional members straight away, and also as full 350-hour members when they fulfil the above criteria.
Contemporary Yoga is also currently working to have the 200-hour training fully registered with Yoga New Zealand.
Our Australian students also benefit because Yoga New Zealand is an arm of Yoga Australia, so they may apply for Yoga Australia registration.
Yoga New Zealand Vision
Yoga New Zealand is a not for profit association of members dedicated to the tradition of Yoga.
- To develop and promote best practice for Yoga.
- To support and represent Yoga Professionals in New Zealand, from all traditions and styles.
- To educate and inform the general community and professional groups about yoga.
Why be a Member?
Joining a professional organisation is beneficial for your own professional development and the future of your career. The connections you’ll make, the resources made available to you, and the ideas and advice you’ll discover represent an outstanding return on what amounts to a modest, manageable investment of time, money and effort. It could turn out to be one of the best things you do for yourself, your career and the yoga industry.
Australian students also benefit because Yoga New Zealand is an arm of Yoga Australia, so they may apply for Yoga Australia registration.
What do you receive?
By joining Yoga New Zealand, you gain access to a range of products and services both locally and overseas that will support you in developing and maintaining professional and ethical standards of practice throughout your career. Membership of Yoga New Zealand illustrates your personal commitment to upholding the values of the association.
Your membership will help support the ongoing promotion, lobbying and representation of your interests as a yoga professional. And in many cases, the money you’ll save as a member will more than cover the cost of your membership.
See the full range of benefits for membership to Yoga New Zealand on their website here >>
200 and 500 Hour Registrations
After completing our 200-hour course students are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance for the RYT 200 (RYT stands for Registered Yoga Teacher).
Students who have completed a 200-hour training (this could be with another teacher training), and continue to complete four modules (8 days each) are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance for the RYT 500.
About Yoga Alliance
Yoga Alliance is the largest nonprofit association representing the Yoga community. It’s mission is to promote and support the integrity and diversity of the teaching of yoga. They do this through:
- Celebrating the diversity of yoga styles, traditions and lineages;
- Advocating for self-regulation in the yoga industry and universal access to safe yoga practices;
- Upholding the worldwide growth of yoga through education and community;
- Educating the public on the value and credibility of voluntary registration with Yoga Alliance Registry, our related 501(c)(3) non-membership public charity;
- Encouraging safe yoga instruction by promoting adoption of Yoga Alliance Registry’s quantitative Standards;
- Inspiring members to foster an informal yoga community by providing fair and full feedback to Registered Yoga Schools, which fosters accountability and continual improvement;
- Advocating to protect the yoga community from unfair or unnecessarily burdensome patents, taxation or government regulation;
- Guiding yoga teachers and schools in achieving success with conscious and effective business practices; and
- Serving the member community by supporting scholarship programs, providing benefits, and developing strategic alliances.
Why be a member?
Your Yoga Alliance membership allows you access to a number of benefits to support your work and daily life. Benefits include:
- Discounts via partnerships with socially conscious companies.
Receive free access to live Online Workshops that are presented by some of the yoga community’s foremost experts.
Workshop Archive – receive unlimited access to recordings of past Online Workshops.
- The Scholarship Program supports aspiring and current yoga teachers in their continual learning,
- Access to a Liability Insurance program for Yoga teachers
See the full range of benefits for membership to Yoga Alliance on their website here >>